Superannuation Recall Consultants has been specialising in UK pension transfers since 2003. Since then, we have helped thousands of people from the United Kingdom transfer their pensions into Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF) in Australia.
Most preserved UK pension funds can be transferred to Australia using a local bank of your choice — and you don’t have to be 65 or retired!
What Sets Us Apart?
At Superannuation Recall Consultants there are NO HIDDEN COSTS. We have a set, low transfer fee and do NOT charge a percentage of the transfer value.
What you need to know
- Your Australian Receiving Fund has to be registered as a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS) in the UK. Failure to transfer to a QROPS scheme could result in a UK tax charge of up to 55% being deducted from your UK pension prior to the benefits being transferred to Australia.
- The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows a six month tax free window from the date of Australian residency, whereby UK pension fund(s) can be transferred to an Australian Super Fund without incurring a tax liability on transfer.
- Super benefits paid from a taxed super fund either as a lump sum or weekly income are tax free for people aged over 60. This also includes any UK pension funds that are transferred to an Australian Superannuation Fund, including Self-Managed Superannuation Funds.
- The transfer of UK pension funds can take from 8 to 20 weeks to complete. Personal pensions are generally quicker than company pensions.
- If you leave your pension in the UK you will be subject to tax on the annual growth of the fund. At retirement you will be able to take a restricted lump sum payment, but it will be subject to Australian tax, and the balance will be converted to an annuity, also subject to Australian tax.
Try the OzForex Currency Converter.
Download the UK Pension Transfer brochure here.
To find out more about UK Pension Transfers direct your questions to us via our contact page
DISCLAIMER: This information is necessarily general and has not been prepared with reference to your specific objectives, financial situation or needs. Superannuation Recall Consultants do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence and recommend that you should seek professional advice from a trusted financial adviser before making any decision regarding the services offered by SRC or associated companies from this site.